DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Strathdearn Community Developments Ltd (SCD), Charity No; SC044487, Company No: SC462621
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the GDPR)
Who are we?
SCD is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
- SCD complies with its obligations under [the GDPR] by keeping personal data up to date;
- by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data;
- by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
- To benefit the community of Strathdearn in a manner specified in our articles;
- To ensure the members and residents of Strathdearn are informed about matters relating to their community and their community company.
- To administer membership records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records and satisfy our governance requirements.
- To operate the Strathdearn.org website and deliver the services that individuals have requested.
- To contact individuals to conduct research about their opinions of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Article 6 processing
- Consent of the data subject:
- membership form completion
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
- Employment Contracts
- Contractor Contracts
- Volunteer Contracts
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- OSCR requires that we keep a “Register of Members”.
- Processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of the data controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject.
- The SCD Articles state “ the board shall maintain a Register of Members, setting out the name and postal address of each member, the relative category of membership and the date of the member’s appointment and cessation”. This also includes members’ email addresses.
SCD does not process or hold any Special Categories of Personal Data as per Article 9
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with other organisations with a legitimate interest or a legal obligation i.e. OSCR
We will only share your data with third parties outside of the organisation with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary but for a period of 6 years in order to comply with our Constitution and other legal obligations.
HR data is kept for a period of at least 6 years following the termination of employment; some personal financial data will be destroyed after 2 years; Health and Safety information must be held for a minimum of 40 years.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption [under the GDPR], you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which SCD holds about you;
- The right to request that SCD corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for SCD to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time. This may require cessation of membership depending on the circumstances.
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable)
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
- Transfer of Data Abroad. If the personal data is to be transferred to countries or territories outside the EU you must include details of how the data will be protected, together with details of how to obtain copies of the relevant safeguards].
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing. Contact Details To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance, contact us at:
By signing this form you are confirming that you have read this Data Protection Notice and that you are consenting to SCD holding and processing your personal data for the following purposes (please tick the boxes where you are happy to grant consent): -
- To keep you informed about news, events, activities and services relating and occasionally ask for opinions on activities and projects in Strathdearn.
- By email
- by post
- In the event of postal or email details being incorrect, we will contact you by phone to make any corrections.
- by phone
Where you do not grant consent we will not be able to use your personal data to contact you about any news, project updates, or for opinions on how to deliver a project except in certain limited situations, such as where required to do so by law or to protect members of the public from serious harm.
Please note that all processing of your personal data will cease once you have withdrawn consent but this will not affect any personal data that has already been processed prior to this point.
Strathdearn Community Developments,
Charity No: SC044487
Company No: SC462621
[Please note – if the personal data is not obtained directly from the data subject, the data controller will need to provide the data subject with the following additional items of information within 1 month of having received their personal data: -
- The categories of the personal data you are processing; and
- The source from where the personal data originates and whether it came from publicly accessible sources